Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Beautiful (But Manly!!) Husband

He always embarrasses me in front of EVERYONE.
He genuinely cares about how people perceive him.
He is afraid of nothing and nobody.
He is devastatingly handsome.
He can get a new job in 2.5 seconds.
When he wants something, he EARNS it.
He is so ridiculously beautiful when sleeping.
He worries, all the time.
He rubs my feet whenever I ask.
He does the majority of the cooking...

Those are just a small portion of the wonderful things that I love about my husband. And as you can see, that list could've gone on for miles. I think that is one of the greatest things about our relationship, that we don't have to do anything major to win each others' adoration. We just appreciate the little things about each other. Also, the  fact that we rarely speak poorly of each other to other people (a lesson we learned the hard way). If we appear to be a united front, we at least have that bond when we feel like we have nothing else holding us together. When others are spouse-bashing, we're naming things we love about each other. This is not to say that we don't have our fair share of issues, because, BELIEVE ME, we do. I would just rather celebrate the things I love about my husband in a blog post, rather than write a reminder to myself (that I will see constantly) of all the things I don't like about him.

We've grown a lot as a couple lately. We were recently married (November 4th, 2011). Our wedding was a very, very small ceremony. Our families weren't even there. It was just us, a couple friends, and the members of our ward who decided to come and support us. We do plan on having a bigger ceremony next year, but we just didn't think it was fair that we couldn't get married because we didn't have the money for a huge wedding. We had to support each other a lot, because we both wanted our family to be with us. But we made it through, and we're stronger now because of it.

Also, we were recently baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. This was a wonderful opportunity for us to start everything anew. The Lord gives us salvation and freedom through baptism, and peace in knowing that all that we've done in the past is forgiven and forgotten. This was monumental for us. We had been fighting a lot the week leading up to our baptism, and we needed that reminder of our purpose, and why we decided to get married. We made that covenant not only to each other, but also to God. The feelings I had after my baptism only confirmed our choices and blessed us even more so, to know that the Lord loves us enough to restore our integrity.

And finally, I love my husband so much because I know that I never have to worry about what he's doing when I'm not around. I never worry about him leaving me or wanting somebody else, etc. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be together for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment