Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Missionaries

So, after returning from my brief hiatus of blog-posting, I decided it would be best to return to my original list of topics before I explore further my interests. This post is about the most amazing, sincere, awkward people I know: missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! Some of these missionaries are my best friends (this speaks well of them and poorly of me), and I've come to know them on a very personal level. One thing that I think a lot of people forget is that missionaries are still human, they still have feelings like everyone else. And like everyone else, those feelings can be hurt. It's the art of concealing emotion that is key in their line of work, and this is one of their note-worthy accomplishments.

But my favorite thing about missionaries? The reason I always get excited to see them? They have given up their entire lives to dedicate their time to the Lord. This shows incredible bravery, strength, wisdom, and determination to me. While they sometimes get discouraged, I know that deep down, they know they are some of the luckiest people on Earth! To have every minute of every day to give up to God must be an amazingly fulfilling experience, one that I find myself often being (shhh) jealous of.

Think it sounds awesome? Well, I do, too. However, I'm sure there are many people like me who just missed their opportunity. Don't be discouraged, because we have many opportunities to be missionaries! Many of these are in every day life. We have chances every day to share the Gospel with those around us, it's just a matter of taking advantage of these opportunities and seeing them in the hustle and bustle of life. Look for your 'missionary moments' this week, and I'd love to read about yours in responses to this post. (:

Some awesome missionaries with an egg.
Pretty ladies!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey this is adorable... you are the BEST. I love you!!! You are such an amazing Missionary. All of us have learned so much from you. It was amazing to see you yesterday!!!
    Merry Christmas...
    xoxo
    Sister Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey, I love this so much! You are so amazing and such a support to us. Thank you for your motivation!! Love ya to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete